Important Duties Of A Workplace Fire Marshal
As a workplace fire marshal you hold one of the most responsible jobs within your workplace as it is your responsibility to ensure that all employees are kept safe by keeping up to date with your fire training and prevention procedures.
Fire marshals within the workplace are there to help evacuate the building in the event of a fire, but also they are required to ensure that the building is safe by continuously monitoring the building for hazards, and some of their duties are listed below:
Some Fire Marshal Duties Listed Below
- Check emergency exits: Ensure all fire exits are kept clear at all times
- Fire Extinguishers: Have they been checked and in service date
- Fire Doors: Ensure all fire doors are kept closed and in good working order
- Emergency lighting: Check all emergency lighting to ensure it is in good working order
- Fire safety signs: Ensure correct signs are easily viewable by company staff
- Fire alarm: Test this on a regular basis and hold regular fire drills
The above are just a small indication of the duties of a workplace fire marshal are are a requirement to keep all employees and also the business safe.
To help you stay compliant with you workplace fire marshal training requirements we offer an online fire marshal training programme, which is approved by RoSPA and also CPD certified.
On successful completion of the course you will be able to print your fire marshal certificate.
Training is conducted using video based instruction and each fire training video can be paused or rewound to gain a better understanding of the course content and structure.
For additional information regarding the online fire marshal training that we offer follow this link to our Fire Marshal page.